The Best Snickerdoodle Recipe – Straight from the North Pole December 17, 2014
Greetings from the North Pole! Gear up for the Holidays with a delicious treat the entire family will enjoy. Elf Snickerdoodle is here to share the BEST recipe for Snickerdoodle cookies. Trust us, he’s had over 350 years of experience!
What you’ll need:
1 ½ cup sugar
½ cup butter flavor shortening
½ cup butter
2 eggs room temperature
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
2 ¾ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 teaspoon cinnamon (the best part!)
4 Tablespoon sugar
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar by hand in a mixing bowl
- Add eggs and vanilla and cream together. #ElfTip: Break eggs in a separate bowl to ensure no shells get in the cookies
- In a separate bowl combine cream of tartar, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until well combined
- #ElfTip: Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl (yum!). Form dough into small balls, roll sugar/cinnamon mixture and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. Check back, as all kitchen ovens bake differently
- Enjoy with your family. #ElfTip: Bake an extra batch to share with your neighbors.
Don’t forget, there’s even more of Elf Snickerdoodle’s favorite cookie recipes on our Pinterest. We hope to see you very soon at the North Pole, so get your tickets here!